Monday, October 18, 2010

Meet This Crazy Wino - Derek




Name:
Derek
Alias:
Derka Derka Muhammad Jihad
Occupation:
Songwriter

When you brag, you brag about: how much I can eat! I love food!

What would you do if money was no issue?
Take a ride into Space

Favorite Vintage:
cars
Why?
they are functional

Your First Wine Experience:
Well... I remember I was about 15 years old when I found myself in a forest. I was alone but I heard foot steps from somewhere around me. Then, a gnome came out of the bushes and surprised me with a plate of cheese and crackers. I was hungry, and the gnome looked harmless so I ate the cheese and crackers. The crackers were really dry though and I felt I really needed a drink and as I thought that another gnome came out of a different bush holding a bottle of wine and a glass. He poured me a glass and again thinking, "why not", guzzled the vino down. It was delicious, but immediately felt drowsy and fell asleep instantly. I woke up surrounded by many gnomes and they had me hog tied over a fire pit and then I woke up for real. You see, that was just a dream and my real first experience was probably at dinner one night trying some of my parent's wine. The moral of this story is to not trust gnomes, they are sneaky, but they do have excellent wine....

What makes you a crazy wino? That story

Favorite Quote: "True Science, unafraid to explore the dark passages of our ignorance, always begins with an unpopular question, even if there is no prospect of an immediate answer-- even if the answer threatens to overturn every last one of our cherished beliefs." - Lynn McTaggart in "The Intention Experiment"


Personal Motto:
"Whatever Works"... good movie too!

Top 3 items on your Bucket List: go sky diving, design and build a house, travel into Space

Top Choice Actor to play you for Our Monthly Wine Club - The Movie: Jim Carrey


5 comments:

  1. you can design and build my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your favorite vintage, Derek!
    -Selina

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lloyd Christmas... I've been on a huge Jim Carrey kick lately."

    Seriously, dude. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Derek. I was really thought that "Favorite Vintage" answer was a joke. It turns out that I was mistaken...YOUR FIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think if you pretend it's a joke, it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete